See all that nasty fog and inversion? We left that all behind and headed for higher ground where it was sunny and warm!
I am smiling with my eyes. We are at the mouth of 3 mile
Our outhouse all covered with snow!
When my sister-in-law invited me to go with her and Big Al on the snowmobiles I was so excited I couldn't help but do the happy dance all through the house!
I haven't been for 15 years or so.
It was a frightful foggy day at home and it was only about 5 degrees outside. So I changed some minor apppointments and I was outta there! I got to ride Fred's sled--thanks Fred!--all by myself.
I have never been to the cabin in the winter and it was beautiful. The sun was bright so the snow was all sparkly and powdery which is so much fun to ride in! We went over into section 12 and looked into Liberty and the North Fork and stood by a pile of rocks I never knew exsisted-mostly because it is a long ride on a horse to get there and that is usually my mode of transportation. We had a quick lunch of cheese and crackers and then headed to the Pearce Ponds and down the main canyon road. It was fabulous--and then I didn't lean quite enough to make the uphill curve.
The worst part of snowmobiling is telling Big Al that you are stuck! Thankfully, Di was behind me and went to tell him for me--Thanks Di! It was an easy fix for Big Al so he had me get on his sled and he rode my sled out of the trees.
That is when I really got stuck!
On Big Al's big sled. How embarrassing!
After a few minutes of digging we were out and on our way again. Whew!
It was an amazing and spirit lifting day. Thanks Big Al and Di--I needed that!

You've never seen the cabin in the winter? We used to sleigh ride right off the roof because the snow had usually drifted up to the top of it. Not to mention Nick riding his sleigh right underneath that old white truck that used to be up there.
ReplyDelete