These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ridin'

Have you ever wondered what it was like to ride a horse?
Well here you go.
Just relax and climb on your favorite rocking chair.
Now as you rock, shift your weight from one cheek to the other. Isn't that great?!
Now, take a deep breath and enjoy that sweet smell of dirt and sweat (not yours) and sage.
Unless, of course, it's winter and all you can smell is just horse, oh ya, and the inversion.
One daughter humors me and comes riding with us when we drive the cattle. She gave me an example how most people feel about riding all day:
"Mom, you know how you used to run but don't any more because it was just a little fun but mostly uncomfortable?"
"Yes" I said, wondering where this was going.
"Well," she said, "that is how horse riding is for me."
"Oh, well, thanks for being mostly uncomfortable but having a little fun then." I said.
And I thought I was a cool mom letting her come and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors and spending time with me.
Guess not.
Guess I'll go out and ride, again.

1 comment:

  1. That's funny about being uncomfortable, but a little fun! That about sums it up when it comes to riding horses...until you get used to it...then it's a lot of fun and only a little uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete