I love this time of year.
Really, I don't love all of the mud.
I don't love the snow coming and going and coming again.
I do love my job.
I love going out to feed and check for sick ones in the pens.
I love to feed the cows and check the new babies. They are so cute. Their fur is so soft and they smell good. (Crazy, I know)
We had a bolly-faced smokey calf born this morning that was so fun to watch.
We also had to doctor 3 calves that are weighing about 300 lbs. Alma was a good catch and held the rope so I could give the shots to them. They didn't hold still very well. I think I'll have a sore big toe in the morning. Good thing it wasn't a 500 lb calf!
I love how the sun feels so warm on my face (which is already too tan) despite the fact that it is only 40 degrees outside.
I love not having to wear my heavy coat, vest, hoodie, and turtleneck. I'm down to the turtle, hoodie and vest!
Could life get any better?
New grass, new babies, new birdies.
I hope to become new too.
No comments:
Post a Comment