Remember that cute picture of our first baby hiding from me on my horse? Well she is now 2 weeks old.
This calf is huge, probably 90 pounds at birth! I love these "smokey" babies
Boon was trying to nibble this tired baby's ear. The calf didn't seem to mind. He is our first bull calf.
We get the ear tags in the calf within a day or two of birth. (while we can still catch them) It has their mothers tag number and color in it so when we have to pair them up, it makes the job a lot easier.
We still have eagles flying around when we arrive to feed on the East. I think they are cleaning up the after-birth and stuff. That is just fine as long as they aren't cleaning up a calf. They will be gone for the season in about another month. I'll be darned if I can get a good picture of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment