These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Aunt Lorraine

This is my Mom's sister. She looks so cute here. She is probably about 18 or so. She died this week. It wasn't a surprise, really. Honey reminded me that she had been going to die since we got married. She had emphaseyma (spell that one?) and it wasn't pretty. She left behind a husband and 6 children, 40 plus grandchildren and 20 or so great grandchildren. Everyone that spoke at the funeral said that her door was always open to anyone at any time and everytime I was at her house, lots of people were there. I have had little to do with them most of my life. Her family didn't want a funeral or anything but my mom thought we should. With the help of a gracious Bishop and kind Relief Society President, a very nice funeral was put together.

What I learned most of all, and I'm embarrassed to say, is that I had forgotten who she really was--a child of God. It was a little hard to see through the rough living and rough talking but she was just like me-one sin away from perfection. It doesn't matter how many more sins, it only takes one to be out of the running for perfection. What a blessing the atonement is! I am so thankful to be reminded again of how much I need my Savior.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful way to express our progression to eternal life. Unfortunalty I think I'm more than one sin away!!!! Read your comment on my blog, love Village, the ladies who own it and work there are some of my dear friends.

    ReplyDelete