Flying is not my favorite thing!
I have gotten worse as I get older. I am fine until the landing for some reason.
This is somewhere over Nevada. The clouds always look cool.
This is Ellington and Betty Peak.
They are the founders of Western Video Market. They have had the video auction in Reno for 25 or so years. They are such a sweet couple. I am sure she has spent many days alone raising her kids as Ellington is quite a businessman and has traded cattle all their married life. All the kids are involved in one way or another in the business. They are 83 and 85 years old!
Vanessa May and Becky
Every year the other wives and I head to the mall on the bus. It is nice to just visit and catch up on each others lives. There are four other ladies with us. They are all from Nebraska. Some of them are selling cattle, some own auctions, some are buyers, but we all have fun together shopping together.
It is always nice to have someone else shine Bryan's boots!
I can buff them up and dust them off but this guy does a fabulous job!
The Sitton family invited us to walk to the River both nights we were there. They have two cute little boys and it is a nice break from the noise and smoke of the casino to be outside.
I went for a run both mornings and I found this street sign. The name of the street is Bon Rea...Never seen one so close to my name before. (Bonnie Reay...Summers)
This is the ballroom where the video takes place. It is very large. The auction block is at the front with auctioneers and announcers talking about each lot of cattle. They sold about 150,000 head at this sale.
They feed everyone a continental breakfast, a nice beef-centered lunch and on Monday night they fix us dinner and have a dance. The kids can't believe we actually stay and dance. It is in the basement so it is quite cool down there so we always plan to wear long sleeves so we don't freeze!
No comments:
Post a Comment