These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Stake Girls Camp 2013

Trista, Katelyn, Brooklyn, Emily J.


Amanda and I shared the tent.\
  She said Bryan was not allowed to sleep with us when he came to stay as the priesthood for the last night (haha) so he slept in the truck...boy did I hear about that one!

Chantel visiting Savanna's tent.

The picture is cute but what was even funnier was when I was done taking the picture, Megann said to Emily "Get your face away from mine!"   The little tent behind them was reserved for the priesthood.  Some slept in it and others slept in their car.  Jeremy slept in a hammock he brought up! 

Chelsie and Abigail
These were our youngest campers.  They were troopers and had a good time.  They went home tired and not so scared of the older girls!

Mandie
She came up every day and helped along with Ginger.
Vickie and Misty also came the last day.

Chan-Chan and Ban-Ban


Trista and Teresa
These are the hoodies the girls got this year from our Ward
Our Ward theme was Be the One.  We talked a lot about being the one to step up, to wave our own Title of Liberty,  to stand as a witness, and to Look Up and Be Not Moved-- which was our Stake theme.

Brooklyn, Amanda Coombs, my amazing camp director, Abigail


Kiersten, Mady, Hollie, Brooklyn  all prepping for the skit

Last year was the 100 anniversary of Girls Camp so the Stake decided to throw a birthday party!  It was such a surprise and was so darn fun!  They had cute decorations, brightly colored cupcakes, cute props to take pictures with and music to dance to.  They gave everyone glow-stick bracelets and necklaces and then they had a parachute to play with and toss them in the air and with.  It looked so cool!

Our skit featured Teresa and Savanna trying to study their scriptures while being interrupted by different distractions like: Pintrest, Facebook, Email, and Twitter.  It was very cute but it was about 100 degrees sitting watching them.

We had Brother and Sister Corey Killpack come and talk to the girls about revelation.  They were really good but Savanna had not gotten near enough sleep--apparently.  She had to have a little snooze!  Shortly after this shot Abby cut her finger while she was whittling a stick.  It bled quite a bit so I rushed her back to camp and the camp nurse, Terry James, bandaged her up.  She ended up going to get stitches the next day.
It was a major test for my nerves, but one of many tender mercies sent my way.

My camera was taken from me.  The cute blue shirt was given to us by the stake and the wild necklace was actually a lanyard that the Youth Leaders made for everyone.

Megann and Amanda at archery.

Hollie, Lexie, Brindie Mathews watching the bows and arrows fly.

We had amazing guys join us as the Priesthood.  Bryon Bingham and Mike Wursten came the first day and set up camp for us.  
Jeremy Wiegman also joined us as did Josh Myers, Shane Brown, Allan Nielsen, Phillip Chipping, Terry Bland and then the Bishop came to dinner with us on Thursday evening.



This was the scariest part of girls camp. 
 It was laying in some rocks that we-all 20 of us-stepped down off of to get off a bridge.  I remembered that Abby was coming back about half a block away from the bridge so I ran back and when I got about 2 feet away I heard it buzz.  After recovering from the scare I ran to get someone to help me and I saw Allan and holllered to him.  He and Phillip came a running--apparently they heard the fear in my voice.  When they got there it buzzed even more and they pulled it out of it's hiding place and they killed it.  It was hiding in a place where many people would be walking so we thought it best.
Stake camp was an amazing experience that I will not long forget!  I learned many things this year and I hope I can remember the feelings that we shared around the campfire testimony meeting.  
Sister Dalton was right...many young testimonies are strengthened around a smokey campfire!

No comments:

Post a Comment