Through all the weeds you can see that my beans need picked.
I am so glad I can grow cucumbers! They are so delicious. I like them in salads or just plain with a little salt. I also like them soaked in a mixture of 1 cup vinegar and 1/2 cup sugar simmered and cooled. Add sliced cucumbers, peppers, onions and let it marinate for an hour and yum!
My other favorite is Swiss Chard. It is so pretty with that red vein running up the middle. I like mine steamed with a squirt of vinegar on it. Bryan likes it with butter salt and pepper.
Earwigs also love Chard. Each leaf has to be carefully cleaned and inspected for the darn critters.
If I want peace and quiet, all I need to do is go to the garden.
No one wants to join me out there--except Chelsie, my ever constant companion.
No comments:
Post a Comment