These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Crimson Trail


Crimson

Yes, this made me nervous!
Can you see the Praying Mantis?

 



The girls and I decided to go to Logan Canyon and hike the Crimson trail.  Bryan was shipping yearlings and we had a couple hours to ourselves.  It was a beautiful day and a beautiful hike!  I had never been up there and it was amazing!  It was a little steep but not too bad.   Before we started, Savanna said "I know how we can make this fun!" (she is a non-hiker we learned) "Lets each take pictures"  I thought it was going to be fun just to be hiking together on a great day. ( I must be losing touch.)  We each had a camera and off we went.  First of all was crimson.  I chose the red leaf and Sierra chose the berries, Savanna didn't take one.  Another category was wildlife.  Mine was the Praying Mantis, Sierra the caterpillar, and Savanna the big bee. I know they aren't the typical wildlife but it was all we saw. 
 This trail overlooks the highway and the river.  It starts at Spring Hollow and goes about 4 miles to the next campground.  My suggestion:  Leave a car at the next campground!

No comments:

Post a Comment