These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Stitches

Well, I did it again.  For the second time in a month I had to visit the Insta-Care.  I have made it through most of my life without much incident but lately I am feeling accident prone. 
I did a dumb thing. 
I walked behind Skip, our paint horse, and spooked him and he kicked me.  He was tired because we had ridden all day and he was stirred up because we had a semi there loading a cherry-picker used to put up our new hay barn (another post) and that is the only excuse that I have.
  My bad and his bad.
 There are about 12 stitches on top and 20 underneath.  I didn't realize how bad it was because it went numb immediately.  I was able to help Alma load some steers and unsaddle the horses before I had a look and realized I might need a stitch.  I drove to my mom's house and she took me home and then the girls took me in--dirty and smelly-again just like the last time I went to the Insta-care. 

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie!!! Ouch, you better take it easy lady. It looks pretty bad. Nice of you to give the horses behavior an excuse:) hope it heals up, and that there arent too many more accidents:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. New goal: No more accidents. I am sure they loved your smell at insta-care.

    ReplyDelete