These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fair 2010

Amanda, Steve and Ty with his class-winning steer!
Shayla
I even got a blue ribbon on a cross-stitch piece I entered!
It's fair time again! It was the first year in ten that we haven't had a child with an animal in the Jr. Livestock program.
I missed all the fun things like:
walking the steer every day at my dad's
watching my kids do their best and smile--even though they didn't win
saying goodbye to a pet that has become attached to my heart for taking such good care of my kids and teaching them more than I ever could, and watching my kids, boy and girls, old and young cry and tell them good bye as well.
It is so much work and worry but as always, the good out-weigh the bad!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I truly miss those days as well. I get to this week in Box Elder county and I just can't believe we don't have a steer to get ready and watch my kids and have awful butterflies, hoping the steer performs for the kids. Seems wierd that part of life is over, hopefully I have a few grandkids to watch at some point.

    ReplyDelete