These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

That time of the year!



I look forward to this time of the year to be able to do a little canning. I used to put up way more than I do now, but when I was the only one eating the apricot nector, I quit.

It's just way too much work.


It is so rewarding to see all the pretty jars lined up on the shelves and know that my family will be eating well this winter. These are green beans from my own garden. Only one didn't seal so we ate it. My girls prefer canned beans to fresh because I don't serve them fresh beans much because I always need a few to finish a jar to process! If I am going to get the pressure cooker going it is going to be full!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment