For Stake Relief Society Conference, we learned about how to use and buy food storage.
Leisa Card came and spoke to us and she has written a book called "I Dare You To Eat It."
She had such practical advice that it made it seem so easy!
It was motivating to get things cleaned out and rotated here at my house.
She had this recipe above and we had it for lunch. It had the wheat berries that you make from cooking wheat on low in a crock pot overnight. I have only ever wheat berries for cereal but it adds a nice texture to this salsa-like recipe. She taught us that the wheat berries can be frozen and then microwaved and added to any dish that calls for hamburger to make it go further.
This wheat is some I have had stored for twenty years in the basement--Don't tell Bryan, it isn't fresh!
These are my wheat berries all ready to go in the freezer.
Some of the cans in my storage.
No comments:
Post a Comment