These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Last Day of Summer Party

Savanna!  Get up!  It's time to move pipe--for the last time this summer!
 
 Our tradition continues despite having only one child start high school and two in college!  I have looked forward in the past to school starting and getting back on schedule, but this year I am not ready...to send my baby to high school...to send my big boy to college and my middle girl also to college...am I really that old?  I certainly don't feel that way and I hope to feel this young for many years to come!
 Sierra is getting a few minutes of practice in before pipe moving.
 
 We chose Fredrico's for lunch and it was delicious!
 
 We tried to think of something different and fun to do, but we were hot and tired so shopping for some last minute items sounded like a cool thing to do.
 
 Savanna is my new chauffeur.
 
 Sierra is overjoyed at the cupcakes that we got at Simply Divine.  Her favorite?  Black forest with pastry cream filling, chocolate frosting and a cherry on top!
 


So, to end our fun day we always light a few sparklers that I save from the 4th of July.  Well I took the percaution of putting the sprinklers on so the cement was wet and I had a lighter and not matches (I don't know if that is safer or not) but I did overlook the garbage can full of dried weeds by the big blue recycle can and yes, they caught on fire.  The girls quickly ran to the front of the house and got the hose and put it out but not before Bryan smelled the burning grass and came to the window and ask what in thee H*## we were doing.  Well, the party did end with a bang!  His last words were some that I have heard often all summer when people started grass fires on accident..."You can't outlaw stupidity"  Maybe so, but I guarantee we won't soon forget this party!

1 comment:

  1. I love your end of school parties! Even though your kids are growing up...

    ReplyDelete