The sale barn in Riverton, Wyoming. They sold 2500 head in eight hours.
They know how to sell cattle!
We call this the Red Rock Canyon. It is just outside of Lander.
Our room at the Holiday Inn has been remodeled!
We used to compare every bad bed to the beds at this motel.
Now they are very nice and much more desirable.
Look at this snow-blower!
Can you see how cold it is? -8
This is the top of the Teton Pass.
People hike up to the top of this hill and ski down!
Deep snow--and not a snowmobile track across the whole valley!
I like this cute sign at the sale barn in Idaho Falls.
It is an old place.
They sold 300 head in 3 hours on the day we were there.
Bryan and I had a nice drive--ok a long drive to Riverton. We left Monday around 11 a.m. and we arrived in Riverton by 4:30 p.m. It didn't snow on us, but Logan Canyon was slick as was South Pass.
The sale started at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning and we left there around 6:30 p.m. I always get a late check-out and so I went to the weight room and rode the bike for an hour. When I went to Walmart after lunch, I got a great surprise and saw a friend that used to work at the sale in Riverton. It was great to visit with her and her husband.
We drove over Towgatee to Jackson, Wyoming and arrived there at 10:30 p.m. Bryan stays there enough that they go turn on the heater in our room so it isn't so cold when we get there. We were gone the next morning by 9:30 a.m. We had good roads and weather all the way to Idaho Falls. I got some good shopping done there. Macy's had a fabulous sale!
I crocheted a hat and worked on my cross-stitch, prepared 2 Sunday lessons and cat-napped once.

Is it crazy that I loved this post?:) Oh good old Wyoming, we really do miss it(or parts of it). I always did the late check out too Bon!
ReplyDeleteHey Bon sounds like you had a good trip. I love when I get in on the long trips with Scott, I must admit most of the trip is talking cattle and farming, but every so often I can get him off track. The pictures of snow were beautiful, as long as it is somewhere else, Oh please Spring come quick!!!
ReplyDelete