Bryan and I went to Salt Lake the other day to look at these steers.
We were only a few miles from the airport.
The guy driving the wheeler is about 75 years old and he told Bryan just to hop on and he'd take him out into the pen. They looked at every single steer in the whole pen of 250 head.
The top picture is how their bunks are set up. The black plastic is nailed to the posts and then then mixer just augers it out onto the plastic. When we were here before, one of his workers was sweeping the feed back into the bunk so the cattle could reach it. I thought it was very interesting.
The other cool thing at this guys place was that he had a green house that was part of the atrium that they tore down at a mall in Ogden. He went to a scrap sale and saw it and decided it would work for a greenhouse and it is pretty darn sweet.
I wish I could see something old and find a new use for it like he did!

No comments:
Post a Comment