These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Hi Dad!

Today was an unusual day. Sierra came home at noon- a full hour and a half earlier than usual. She is a highly organized and scheduled person and she likes it that way.
She wanted to do "something" which means she doesn't know what exactly she wanted to do and what ideas she had were completely out of the question (climb Mt. Everest). I have very few days that are quiet and alone at home, so on the rare occasion that I do get one, I have a hard time changing what I am doing to accomodate even a bored daughter because I, like her, am also sheduled and somewhat organized.
While she went to get Savanna from school, Bryan came in, which is the unusual part of the day, since he has been gone about 14 hours a day lately, and he was quietly reading the paper in the kitchen when she walked in still asking me what she could do now.
She looked at Bryan and asked why he was home and then Savanna walked in and ask the same question. He replied that he did live there and it was his house, to which they reminded him that he had been mostly gone the last little while.
It is good to know that they miss him and are glad to see him, even if it is a surprise!

1 comment:

  1. Whit and I do that to Scott quite often, when he invades our space a little earlier than usual. We have to remind him, we love you, it's just that you are never home at this hour!!! Gotta love those hard workin' dads. So what did Sierra do?!!!

    ReplyDelete