These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Monday, May 3, 2010

BYU Women's Conference

Vickie, Marcy, and me at the Marriot Center.
Kelly, Joyce, and my mom sat behind us during the opening session.



I love going to Women's Conference! It is such a refreshing and uplifting change. This year I brought Vickie Huish and Marcy Wiberg with me.
We left home early Thursday morning and arrived in Provo in time to get a good parking place and a seat in the Marriot Center. After listening there, we each went to different classes. One of the classes that I was in, I met a lady who's brother-in-law is the counselor in Jackson's mission presidency! I felt it was a tender mercy just for me.
I love the way Heavenly Father sends those just when I need them.
We stayed Thursday night in Springville in a motel that wasn't the greatest, but we made the best of it by jumping on the beds, discussing life and lessons learned and just enjoying each other's company. Friday started out snowy and cold but by the time it was over and we headed home, it had cleared and was sunny which is just the way we felt--refreshed and ready to face our lives again!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a pretty great to me..its so nice to get away for a break, especially to feel the spirit and recharge. I think I would like womens conference or that thing pam takes her girls to each year.

    ReplyDelete