These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Diary of a spring day

6:00-7:00 a.m. I drag myself out of bed to go read my scriptures (I'm in Moroni and Exodus) and study my YW lesson. This is a great part of my day-- I highly recommend it!

7:00-8:00 a.m. We eat breakfast in shifts because we all leave at different times but I did make Sierra and I sweet potatoe pancakes this morning with buttermilk syrup, which was delicious! (sorry Savanna)
Bryan opted for cold cereal and toast.
I cleaned up the kitchen, put the last load of laundry in the dryer, made the bed and picked up the living room and left for Paradise.

8:00-9:00 a.m. I went straight to Charlie's and caught a horse that is headed to Idaho, fed the bull pen and the other horses, and waited for the truck driver to show up.

9-11:00 a.m. Alma and I went to the East in Brownie, the flat bed, to feed. Cody followed us a horseback. Some of the cows aren't bringing their calves in to be fed so he thought they were a little "nylon deficient" and should be roped and tagged. (good excuse) Alma and I fed, fixed a little fence, and then tried to head for home. The 4-wheel drive wasn't working so we got the truck in a bad spot and ended up leaving Brownie there until it dries up enough that we won't slide off the hill! We had to call Shawn for a ride.

11-12:30 p.m. The three of us sorted the feeding bulding and the pea-viner for the biggest yearling steers to be worked through the shute.

12:30-1 p.m. Lunch with Marj! Delicious pork chops and baked potatoes today!

1-3:30 p.m. We worked 55 yearlings to be ready when Bryan is ready to send them to pasture. Cody didn't even get dirty! I went home after that to my "other job" taking care of my daughters and Bryan when he arrives at home. I love that job too! It was a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie you are amazing!!! I will not be letting Scott read any of your posts. Because quite frankly he would be so disappointed in the women he married. Honestly Bon, when do you take time to breath!!! You have more energy in your pinky than I do in my whole body. You go women!!!!

    ReplyDelete