Bryan ask me to spread some pasture grass seed over on the west hills. I thought he was crazy and kidding at first, but when he kept asking me if it were done, I decided he wasn't kidding. So, I gathered some help and had Alma drive the truck with the seed on it across the river. We used buckets and canvas pouches to hold the seed while we rode along scattering it. It was a nice day and we had fun together. After, we went to have lunch at the Cracker Barrel.
Randi, Brandon, Sierra, Bonnie, Savanna
We took four horses across the river to live on our way. We could carry 50 pounds of seed between the five of us. Johnny Appleseed had nothing on us. The true test will come next spring when we will be able to see if any of the seed sprouted.
Randi loves to ride old Pancho. He was a good boy for her, and Mouse took good care of Brandon too. I was riding Chip and he kept wanting to eat the seed!
No comments:
Post a Comment