These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Jaw Surgery...The LAST

The day before Sierra's surgery Savanna and I went to the Forgotten Carols together. 
We had fun together and enjoyed some of our favorite Christmas music.

This is right before Dr. Anderson came in and told us that he would be doing both the top and the bottom jaws.  We weren't expecting that at all and it was quite upsetting.  Thankfully, Sierra had to stew about it for only a couple of minutes.  Dr. A. decided to re-do the top jaw --for free--to get a more perfect alignment.  It was nice of him, but it would have been nice to know--maybe.  In hind-sight  we didn't stress too much about what recovery was ahead of us and that made my stress level much lower!  I just cried and cried wishing I could take her place because she has already been through so much.  

She is already such a beauty.

A familiar look, unfortunately.
Because so many people choose to have surgeries this time of year, the surgical floor was full so they put us in the medical floor.  They didn't quite know how to take care of her so we opted to stay overnight and come home the next morning.  I felt pretty confident that I could take as good care of her as they did. She is a tough cookie and I am pretty sure nursing is something I could have done, but glad that I don't have to do it all the time!

Dear Ginger and  Colette brought us yummy dinner.  It was nice not to worry about feeding us, as I have to fix something for Sierra every two hours or so.  Ice Cream gets old so we have soup broth, and yogurt, hot cereal, mashed potatoes and gravy, and anything else I can think of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment