We decided to have a YW activity and walk to the temple. We decided that we could do hard things.
So, we set off at 6:00 a.m. and headed north from my house. We stayed off the main roads.They walked quite fast and talked even faster! We had breakfast and treats along the way.
We had 13 girls walk and 5 leaders walking. I followed behind in the car. I knew I could walk it but some of my counselors were unsure they could. I knew they could, and now, they know too!
Colette smiled the whole way! I love that girl!
It was nine miles and it took us 31/2 hours. Not record time, but we did stop for snacks and stuff along the way.
This is the block before the temple. Some of them ran up to the gates yi-ha-ing!
Isn't that a great sight?
I am so proud of them! When we got there each girl had a story of an ancestor and we took turns telling them. It was a great way to end the day!
Horray! We made it!
No comments:
Post a Comment