Surprise, hardwood!
Old carpet
Thankfully, the living room only looked like this for one day!
New Carpet!
Bryan suggested that before Jackson got home the end of November, that we get new carpet in the bedrooms. We haven't replaced it since we moved in 21 years ago. It was time.
Well, between me dragging my feet and a mix-up at the carpet store we finally got carpet delivered on December 22, yep, three days before Christmas. What was I thinking?!
I do love the new carpet. It is darker than I anticipated but it soon grew on me and it is so soft to walk on. We had a surprise in the girls bedroom--both had hardwood under their old carpet! It is a pretty, light colored oak. We left Sierra's room in the hardwood, (since the carpet store incorrectly measured our carpet and we were short anyway) at least for now, to see if we like it. We will refinish it in the summer when her furniture can go out on the deck while we have it finished. Thanks to Alma, our farm hand, we got things put back together in record time. I do not recommend doing this kind of project around the holidays!

Wow, Bonnie you are amazing for even trying to get new carpet in December, let alone, the 22nd. Looks great. We need new carpet so bad, but I'm dragging my feet trying to decide if I want just new carpet or major overhaul. Probably the the last, so I need to get my energy up.
ReplyDelete