These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Women of Steel

My dear nieces talked me into running a relay with them.  It was in Heber and would include three 5K legs.  I was hesitant but when Courtney said she would, I decided that I would too! There were 2 teams of us and that included:  Courtney and Savanna, Nicole and Amilyn, Stacie and Katie, Kayla and Ashley W., Amber and Ashley S. and Alisha and I.  Pam and Paul were the drivers and Marge and Vickie were spectators.  Alisha ended up being our music and mascot as she got in a wreck two days before the race.  We invited Chantel to run with us and so she went with Savanna and I went with Courtney.  It was so much fun.  I felt like the old dog as I am 12 years older than all the rest of the runners, but I feel pretty good that I could keep up with them. 
 Thanks, Cossfit! 

We were the first runners and it was only about 30 degrees and foggy.  We had frost on our eye lashes and hair.  It took quite a while to warm up after this run!  It was 2. 78 miles.  I stayed right with Courtney on this leg.

We all went and stayed the night before in Heber at the Holiday Inn.  Jackson came too.  He did homework in the room while we ran.

Chantel and Savanna

Ashley and Amber dancing their way in!

Savanna also dancing!

We had the best mascot!!



This is after our last leg which was all uphill!  We gained about 400 feet in elevation and it was a good leg to be done with.

Nicole and Amilyn

The Booty Van


Amber and the Norman's came up with our costumes and theme.  I was hesitant to wear the "bum" but we did tie for first place in the costume category.

Savanna, Chantel, Bonnie, Courtney


This is how we all felt after completing 9 plus miles in 10 hours.  

1 comment: