These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Jackson, Montana

This is what the morning started out like... partly sunny and cool.

Bryan is sorting the steers toward me.  I have to run the cut-back gate.  The weather changed quickly to snow and lots of mud.  The good thing is that the facilities here are so good that we weighed and sorted 340 head in about an hour.  My hands were freezing!  I hadn't planned on running the gate, but John ask if I could so we gathered enough coats out of the back of Bryan's truck that I could work.

By the time the trucks arrived, it was snowing pretty darn good.

John looked like a snow cowboy!

I got some pretty good mud splashed on my face.  My jeans were covered!  


When we got back to the office in Dillon, we were dried off and warmed up.
  Judy's cat likes to sleep in her file box.  He just curled up there and napped while we chatted with John and Judy.

John has mentored Bryan for the last 26 years.  He has always had good advise and helped Bryan along.  He always sends home lined leather gloves for me and asks why I don't come up more often.  I feel very lucky to have known John Erb.

No comments:

Post a Comment