This is all that is left of the water in the pond by the corrals. It never holds much and it is the end of may. The wildlife get to enjoy it more than the cattle will.
We try to pick a bunch of wild flowers to put on Sharell's grave for Memorial day. This is part of the bouquet for this year. The bluebells hadn't opened up yet. It was his favorite place and it is a good time to remember all the great adventures we had together there. It has been six years since he passed and in some ways it seems forever ago and so much has changed, but in other ways, it seems like it was yesterday. I sure do miss talking horses and riding together. I wonder what he would think of some of the horses we have now. Some he would like and some he wouldn't at all. One thing is for sure, I intend on riding as long as he did!
He'd think all the ones I used to ride were pretty good. Just sayin
ReplyDelete