These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Potawatamie Jelly

 The plums my dad and I picked.
 
 This is my steamer.  It steams the juice from the plums.
 
 This is the juice, sugar and pectin boiling happily!
 
 This is my process of making jelly from some plums that grow wild around my dad's house.  The only picture I don't have is the finished product--mostly because it was dark when I finished and the pretty pink jelly didn't look good at dark.
 My grape tomatoes have done so well!  I don't have any to share
 because I eat them before they make it to the house.
 
 My tomato plants in general have grown like crazy! 
Lots of tomato sandwhiches for us to eat!
 A lovely Hungarian wax pepper and a cucumber that grew up my tomato cage.
 

This is my new addition to our landscaping.  It requires no water, no sun, no fertilizer and I am so glad to have it to put bikes, trikes, snow blowers and anything else that I can fit into it!  Thanks, Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment