These are a few of my favorite things!

These are a few of my favorite things!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ragnar 2012


 Once again we were involved in the crazy Wasatch Back Relay!  It is a relay race from Logan to Park City.  Sierra chose to be a team captain again.  We were the Sole Sisters again and the team consisted of mostly high school girls--except this year I got to run!  We had a girl drop out last minute so we picked up a youngster (15 years old).  I only had to run one leg and it was at 1:30 a.m.  Thankfully it was only seven miles down a gentle decline into Henefer.  The longest I had ever run was six miles, so I was a bit nervous about the extra mile, but I made it! 

 Mckelle Hansen


 Mariah Forbush

 Krista Winward

 The youngster, Chantel Savage

 Van 2 rocks!
Chantel, Katelyn, Krista, Sierra, Makell, Mariah
 Kissing the moose at Powder Mountain

 Katelyn and Sierra and Chantel sleeping in Heber.



 Everyone refreshed and ready for their final leg!

 Showing off their tattoos.

 It was in the 85 degree range while we finished the last legs.  It made for slow times and tired girls.  We would let them run for a couple of blocks and then spray them off with water.


 Who knew there were water buffalo in Heber?!



 Refreshing!


 I took a turn with the water bottle.  I was the driver the rest of the time.  While I was running,  Sierra drove.  I only ran for one hour and she got lost half way through.  She had to call Bryan at 2:00 a.m. and ask for directions how to get back!  Everyone was amazed that he knew exactly how to get to Henefer.  Thankfully, he spent a lot of time shipping cattle there and knew his way around!



 Chantel had to run one of the toughest legs in the whole relay--the Ragnar hill over Guardsman pass.  She was amazing and plowed her way up the 4 mile 8% grade hill!


 Katelyn was our speedster!  She averaged 8 minutes on every mile she ran!
The finish line at Park City High School.
The whole team! 
 Kenzie, Leslie, Chantel, Katelyn, Lisa, Sharyn, Sam, Krista
Tara, Sierra, Mariah, Mckelle.
I can officially take running the Ragnar off my bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment