This was our cute little room in Williamsburg.
We went to a Tavern for dinner in Williamsburg. Just as we get sat down the fire alarm sounded and we had to evacuate! The ladies in the dresses and hats were the servers.
Each house and business had these cute wreaths on the doors and railings.
The houses were so cute and we enjoyed looking in them. There were "interpreters" in the businesses and they told us about how people in colonial times made things.This is the tavern we ate at in the daylight--not on fire! They fix everyone the same thing--no menus. We got to have roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and ice cream.
This was in the wig making shop.
Men wore wigs more than women.
Since we were caught sleeping in church, we had to sit in the stocks. Just kidding. They were not very comfortable and I would definitely stay awake in church to avoid being sentenced here!
There were people dressed in period clothing sitting around town and riding horses down the streets.
We got to listen to George Washington and Thomas Jefferson for about an hour each. The interpreters did a good job of portraying their personality. After they spoke the audience could ask questions and that was very interesting. They answered according to the times they lived in.
This big barrel was in the garden shop. I had never seen one this big before. I could barely reach across it. These cabbages were still growing!
Sierra and Carley were also sent to the stocks!
This is Thomas Jefferson riding his horse down the street--a common occurrence here!
I knew little of Williamsburg and the surrounding area but soon learned to love it. It was one of the original permanent settlements along with Jamestown and Yorktown. It reminded me of how Nauvoo is (I haven't been there in so long I forgot exactly how it is). We loved being here and the weather was so nice.

No comments:
Post a Comment